Place of Work: Reigate Depot
Grade: Grade 6 to 8
Hours of Work: 0700hrs-1630hrs Mon to Fri (Out of hours emergency works or weekend works in addition when required)
Responsible to: Team Leader, Assistant Managers, Area Managers, Senior Managers
Responsible for: All lower graded staff, Trainee Arborists and Work Placement
Students (as required)
Post Objective: To provide high quality arboricultural services to clients from all sectors, through a team approach
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- To assist the Management Team in scheduling and organising your teams daily works programme.
- To deploy, supervise and motivate the members of your team to ensure all works are undertaken to achieve quality and financial specifications, ensuring safety of all members of staff and public at all times.
- To ensure safety of all operations on all sites including works on or adjacent to the public highway, by the use of appropriate signing, guarding and traffic management measures.
- To undertake a full range of arboricultural tasks including crown reduction, thinning, felling, dismantling, planting and stump grinding.
- The operation of all machinery and tools in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations including chainsaws, brushwood chippers and MEWPs.
- To ensure that you and your team members comply fully with all procedures relating to their work as found in guidance documents as issued in CTC Employees Induction Pack.
- To undertake duties outside of normal working hours, for which overtime rates will be paid.
- To assist with arboricultural emergency callout liabilities as required.
- Advise and instruct staff when required on new or improved safe methods of working and ensure all safe working practices are adhered to.
- To ensure that all daily pre-use checks are undertaken on all equipment used by your team.
- Ensure all vehicles and mechanical equipment are maintained and ensure all daily or weekly service/checks are undertaken accordingly.
- To ensure completion and submission of all vehicle/machinery checklists and defect reports as required.
- To ensure all vehicle, machinery or equipment faults are recorded and reported to your Line Manager on day of occurrence.
- To ensure completion and submission of all job specific paperwork as required.
- To maintain all NPTC certificates (or equivalent) and a full driving licence, reporting any changes immediately to a Line Manager.
- To undertake any such duties appropriate to the post as may be required by the Management team.